How to Attract More Clients to Your Pilates Studio
If you have a vague idea of how to win new clients for your pilates studio, you need to get it right as this is the most important thing for your pilates studio business. Without this, there will be fewer clients and low revenue and without money, no business can survive. But, there is no need to worry. We have created a complete guide following which you would assuredly win many new clients for your Pilates studio.
The first step of a company is to make it known to potential clients after its opening. But, winning clients is not just limited to it and you need to go beyond this for more winning clients.
For most wellness businesses (gyms, yoga studios, Pilates, etc) techniques to market and prosper very little according to the available technologies and market. As a rule of thumb, you need to study the market, to keep up and generate a competitive advantage. If you do not proactively work on these things, your competitors will leave you behind.
But, we are sure that you are proactive and is willing to work, how? Because you are reading this article on how to win more clients for your Pilates studio. At the end of this article, you will have all the necessary information related to targeting the audience, investing in the brand and continuous training and how to retain the clients.
Let’s see how you can take your Pilates studio to the new heights.
We are going to segment these techniques and methods into five steps.
1. Know your target audience
Who are the people interested in your Pilates studio?
How does my Pilates Studio help customers?
Who are your current clients?
Who are your competitors?
2. Define Goals
Did you set clear and specific goals for your business?
What do you want to achieve and what resources do you need?
Are your goals measurable?
3. Create a unique sales proposal
A unique sales proposal is a factor that can differentiate your Pilates Studio from competitors. Generally, it promises a clearly articulated benefit for customers.
4. Adapt your strategy to the customer life cycle
The customer's life cycle is a term used to describe the progression of the stages one goes through when considering, buying, using and maintaining loyalty to a product or service.
5. Optimize your Pilates studio site for search engines
We search for something on Google and receive very accurate search results. This is the result of an SEO strategy, which shows the most relevant sites for users at that time.
The purpose is to create an excellent user experience, and communicating with the search engines so that they can recommend your site to the relevant users.
KNOW YOUR TARGET AUDIENCE
• Do market research and make sure that the demographic data selected is the most suitable for your Pilates Studio.
• Specific information can be difficult to find, so save a good time for this stage.
• Learn about related niches, evaluate complementary products or services and have enough information at your fingertips.
Study your competition
• Studying your competition is another form of market research.
• You need to study the competition and those businesses that share the same target audience as you.
• Research the techniques that your competitors are using.
• Get to know why they have used a certain type of message, image or other content and not something else.
• Always try to take the best ones for your research, and not the ones who are lost and do not know what they are doing
• Compare the best ones with the ones who are not doing very well. Observe the differences, it will enable you to recognize what does not work, what seems wrong.
Create a Persona
• It means creating or designing your product keeping the idle client of your business in mind and treating him or her as the target audience for you.
• It will help you create better processes and solutions according to the user.
• It requires you to study your data and identify the patterns.
More information on how to create a persona, read this excellent article on it.
How to create Personas, a step by step guide.Create an efficient marketing strategy
An efficient marketing campaign for your Pilates Studio depends on a well-built strategy. Therefore, it is essential to write your marketing plan But where to start? .
Make a list of your goals
Traditionally, creating a list of your goals is not the first step in a marketing plan. However, doing this helps to define the tone about everything that will come next, so that it has a north to follow. During the entire strategy development process, consider the following elements:
• Competitive analysis: an evaluation of the characteristics of direct competitors.
• SWOT Analysis: Identify the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats of your Pilates Studio. It is a standard for any business.
• People: the demographic data of the target audience and their expected behavior.
• Customer stage in the purchase cycle: answer how, when, where and why your target audience is at a certain stage of the cycle.
Create a unique sales proposal
Define the Metrics
You must use the metrics before implementing your strategy. Thus, you can establish reference values throughout the process.
• What did you do in the past and what were the results?
• How can these strategies change and improve the return on investment?
• Define which metrics you want to accompany, using them before, during and after the implementation of the strategy.
• Determine the time windows, such as weekly or monthly to ensure that the plans show positive results, or change if necessary.
Outline a Tactical Plan
Have on hand a calendar that contains important dates for your Studio, for the sector and seasonal peaks. Try to focus on four or five main tactics for the year and create execution plans around them. Consider that your tactics may or may not be equal to the goals.
Make your strategic plan
A common mistake is to start on the tactical level before having developed the strategic plan. To avoid this, it is necessary to search.
• If you do not know the characteristics of your Pilates Studio, what you offer and what your target market is, it is very difficult to convince people to buy your product or service.
• Do your homework. This will help you establish a solid foundation for your tactical plans and allow you to develop reasonable expectations and goals.
• Once you have completed the above steps, you are ready to create an efficient marketing strategy for your Pilates studio.
• Creating a promotion strategy is imperative to generate brand awareness and attract new customers.
• Some Pilates studios use more than one method at the same time, but it\'s up to you to decide what to do.
Adapt your strategy to the customer life cycle
Measure the commitment
• To measure commitment, you need to understand how your content is driving customers from one stage to another in the purchase cycle.
• It refers to how the client comes to finally deposit the money and start a relationship with your money.
• It is aimed to keep the offer fresh for the client until he or she finally decides to buy your product and services.
Consider the following example: A visitor clicks on the site of your Pilates Studio. Generally, the next step is to captivate them through a call to action, such as a free e-book in exchange for the user's email. You can then start a highly targeted email marketing campaign.
• Notice how the strategies are interconnected and continuously move the client to the next stage.
• Commitment depends on the environment and user base that you are dealing with; this will allow you to adjust your content strategy accordingly.
• It is also useful to analyze the proportion of various interactions, such as comments generated by users.
• Each factor has a specific value, which can be classified by the amount of effort that takes a user to interact. For example, a spontaneous post from a member of the Pilates studio on your Facebook page has more value than a simple like.
Optimize your Pilates studio website for search engines
How to improve the SEO of your Pilates studio
Some of the actions we can take are:
• HTTPS certificate
• Mobile loading optimization
• Fast loading speed
• Complete SEO title and meta-description
• Create short titles that specify the implication of the page.
• Use headers (H1, H2, H3 ...)
• Take into account the “alt” attributes of the images.
• Use original content (never use copied content)
• Use paragraphs that are not too long, without grammatical mistakes, with keywords.
• Create an appropriate network of internal links.
Other actions to improve the SEO
• Google map
• Google my business
• Bing places for business
• Use Social networks: Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram
• Remember to put your website in some business listing and directories and do not repeat the descriptions.
• Share the content of your website on social networks, but… don\'t forget to put the link!
These are some of the actions you can take to improve the relevance of your website to search engines. These actions will not cause an immediate effect. But in the medium - long term, they will surely reward you.
Additional steps to enhance the value of your Pilates studio
For this, you can various actions to popularize your Pilates studio. A combination of the following actions will allow you to present yourself in unique ways.
The idea behind the competitions is to promote the brand and put your Pilates Studio as a latent memory in people\'s minds. It is a particularly effective promotion strategy because it can be executed in different channels, with a possible high response rate.
Made through traditional and mass channels, such as newspapers, magazines, television and radio, advertising is generally paid and poorly targeted.
It is based on developing a positive relationship between Pilates, the media and the public. It involves organizing events, but also minimizing the impact of negative situations.
Social media networks
Posting regularly on social networks will keep customers and users interested. But be careful not to fill them with irrelevant posts.
Each social media site differs from another in many aspects, i.e. in some, you can post long messages with embedded videos and images, and on some other, you can post only one image or video. For example, the way you post on Twitter will be different from how you post the content on LinkedIn and Facebook.
Remember: Social media engagement is essential. When you interact with your audience, you are showing that you pay attention to your clients and that you care what they have to say.
Commonly used in sporting or fashion events, sponsorship demands a strong network and large audience. You can chat with smaller companies and local businesses to make sponsorship viable.
The continuous training of the instructors of your Pilates Studio is essential. Through this update, you will maintain the integrity of the method, in search of excellence in teaching and practice.
Duties and responsibilities
There should be a description of the responsibilities and duties of each partner so that each one knows what to expect from the other. Also, pre-determine the consequences if the trainers do not perform their duties.
All facilities must be clean, well preserved and inspire the organization. If possible, add small plants and soft music. Pay attention to lighting, because this significantly changes the perception of customers. Keep your Studio clean and cozy through regular maintenance.
No matter how organized or elegant your Studio looks. If customers feel ignored or badly treated, everything will go down the water. Train your team to greet clients and solve any problems quickly.
Improve the experience
When possible, add an extra element to surprise and delight your clients. For example, you can give cereal bars on Fridays. These small things increase customer satisfaction so they stay longer in Pilates Studios.
Analytical data shows what is happening. Feedback, on the other hand, answers why it is happening. There are two ways to do this: research and usability tests. We will know more about them:
They are the main source of feedback for your Pilates Studio. They are easy to configure, send and analyze. No one likes to answer huge polls, so keep them short and ask only what is necessary.
What if you could see someone access your site or enter your Pilates Studio the first time? You would see where they are attracted and what leaves them confused. This type of information is invaluable.
Exercises, Courses, and E-books
Learning how to win clients for Pilates studio requires versatility. Creating new exercises or different combinations can be a good way.
Also, your Studio does not need to be restricted to physical space and classes. Create courses on healthy eating habits, Pilates for pregnant women, Pilates for the elderly… do everything your imagination allows and is relevant.
Finally, e-books are excellent attractions for first-time clients or visitors. Create rich, well written and illustrated content and wait for the results.
In this article, you have seen the main tips on how to win clients for Pilates studios. We hope you are now ready to attract new clients, keep current ones and rescue old ones.
As a final suggestion, do not forget to meet your target audience, innovate as a brand, form associations and keep your clients interested and committed to Pilates Studio.
If you are wondering, how you can do it all, then you should know that you can pull a lot of management tasks, and marketing & retention strategies with gym management software that can be adapted to all the needs of Pilates studio.